top of page
  • Writer's pictureJkennedy

Getting the work done ( Part 2 )

After we left the Mississippi River we were going to Little Rock, Arkansas. We were going to stay at a campground that was like the Mississippi River one. This time we were just on the Arkansas River. I didn't even know there was one until now. I thought it was really cool when we got there because you were right next to a bridge and you could also see all of the construction going on in the boats. We got there in the afternoon, so we settled in and then had some lunch.

Once it got to be about 5:30pm we were going to go for a walk across the bridge. At first I was nervous because I don't like going over bridges that have water underneath them, but I knew that if I didn't, I would regret it. So when I did, I liked it. The bridge used to be a railroad track. They had to build a walkway above the track when it turned into a path to walk. So, if you looked down a little bit you can see the tracks.

Once we reached the other side, we saw the Clinton Library. That's when I learned that every president gets a library in their home state. It also displays some of their things that are special to them. My dad told me that he put a replica of the presidents office in there. You can see a tiny bit of it through the window. I wish we could have gone in, but because of COVID we couldn't. I was disappointed by that, but I said that we would come back when they were open so we could go inside and check it out. The parking lot sidewalk is like a playground padding because it is very soft. I wanted to take my shoes off and feel it but I couldn't. It was also super cold and my feet we warm in my boots. When we went it was dark out, so we would have to come back the next day. Once we took a couple pictures it was time to head back because I think everyone was frozen at that point. When we got back we had some hot chocolate then settled in for the night.

The next day we did some exploring. Our main goal of it was to see The Little Rock. So, it took a while for us to get there, but we made it. We walked the whole way. Once we got there, it was really pretty. They had a nice walkway with trees and flowers surrounding it. Earlier that morning, my mom went for a run so she could find it and tell me and my dad where to go because she had already done it before. Once we got there I found out that the Little Rock, wasn't so little. There was some writing on the rock. I read it and found out that this rock was the first rock that anyone had ever seen when the settlers came. Once we left The Little Rock, we headed to the Heifer Headquarters. Heifer is a non-profit company that you can donate money to for people who need it. You can donate things form education to animals big or small. When we were there we thought they were closed because of COVID. When we tried to open the door, we found out that they were open, but only the gift shop. I got two stuffed animals. When we were checking out, the lady said that we can visit the farm in the back where all of the animals are. I was excited to go see all of the animals. My mom loves llamas, so she was excited about that. After we saw the animals, it was time to head back. If you want to donate to @heiferinternational the link will be listed below.

Once we got back, we were all freezing so we had some hot chocolate again. Then it was time for bed.

The next morning it was time to leave. We packed up all of our things and then we were on the road again. Next blog you will see where we end up next on this adventure.

Visit Heifer:

Check out the Clinton Library:

46 views4 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page